If you have gaps in your smile, you might be less likely to share it openly. Missing teeth can also lead to serious health complications. Dental bridges are one way to fill unsightly gaps caused by tooth loss. Dr. Zusin can custom build a bridge for you so you feel both healthy and radiant again.
Types of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, ceramic, or a mixture of different materials. The type of dental bridge you choose depends on your individual needs. There are a few options for bridges:
Crowns on either side — Dr. Zusin will place crowns on the two teeth framing the gap. The artificial tooth connects to the crowns resulting in a secure, natural appearance.
Bonding to natural teeth — An artificial tooth is bonded to the adjacent natural teeth using miniscule metal or ceramic attachments. While they are not as strong as other bridges, they create the most natural appearance making them ideal for missing front teeth.
Implant-Supported Bridges — When multiple teeth are missing, Dr. Zusin can place a dental implant on one or both ends of a gap to create strong anchors for a bridge. Using a bridge with implants saves you money over getting implants for each missing tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Many patients choose dental bridges as an effective treatment for their missing teeth due to the wide range of benefits such as:
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Reasonable cost
- A fixed bridge does not come out of the mouth
- Helps maintain dental and bone health
- Distributes force evenly to ensure proper chewing and other function
- Relatively quick process from the assessment to completion of the bridge
What Will a Typical Appointment Look Like?
Appointments will vary based on what you need, but you can generally expect the following from a dental bridges procedure:
- Dr. Zusin will assess your situation through X-rays and casts of the teeth. After thorough analysis, the two of you will work together to create an effective treatment plan.
- During your next visit, Dr. Zusin will prepare the neighboring teeth for crowns or begin the process of placing implants. He may also take an impression of your teeth for the permanent bridge and provide a temporary bridge for the meantime.
- Finally, Dr. Zusin will cement the permanent bridge in place and make any final adjustments.
Depending on your personal needs and the kind of bridge you have done, other visits may be necessary. Dr. Zusin will let you know what to expect when you begin the process.
At Zusin Dental, we work to help you find the optimal solution for your missing teeth. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact our office to schedule a consultation today!
The following is a partial list of the communities we serve:
New York City, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania.